Easy method to prepare Biryani while preserving the flavor and delicious taste by using Basmati rice.
3 cups of Alwazzan rice
1 cup of oil
2 medium potatoes cut in quarters
2 mediums carrots, sliced in quarters.
1 medium onion, chopped
3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon of fresh chopped ginger
1 kg of Alwatania chicken – Al wazzan
1 tablespoon of carry peppers
1 teaspoon of fine cardamom
2 1/2 teaspoons of salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
Hot sauce (if desired)
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
3-4 laurel leaves
6-8 entire cloves of cardamom
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
2 medium tomatoes finely sliced
3 tablespoons of Claire Ghee -Alwazzan
4 boiled eggs
1) Rinse well the rise and soak it into salted water for 30 minutes.
2) Skin the chicken, cut into 8 small pieces and put aside.
3) Put 10 cups of water into a large pot. Add a tablespoon of salt and 2 tablespoons of oil. Bring it into boil and then add rice. Leave it on high heat for 6-8 minutes till the rice simmers. Drain and put aside.
4) Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Fry potatoes until browned. Put aside. Adopt the same method for the carrots.
5) Place half of the quantity of the used oil. Put it in a medium pot. Add chicken pieces and toss until browned.
6) Add onions, garlic, and ginger. Stir until onions wilted. Add carry, cardamom, salt, pepper, hot sauce, turmeric, laurel leaves, and toss till you have a combined mixture.
7) Add tomato paste and chopped tomatoes. Cover the pot. Leave it over a low heat for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Add the fried potatoes and carrots and mix well.
8) In an appropriate pot, put half of the boiled rice. Add chicken mixture and spread over the remaining quantity of rice. Cover the pot and leave it on low heat for 10-15 minutes until thickened.
9) Toss the Biryani with a big fork then serve it with boiled eggs.