A delicious plate for shrimp lovers, enjoy the taste of Alwazzan rice in an easy and delicious recipes.
3 cups of Basmati Alwazzan rice
1/4 cup of Clara ghee – Alwazzan
1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, chopped
4-5 cloves of garlic, mashed
2 big onions, sliced
1 kg of shrimps, peeled.
1big tablespoon of varied peppers
1/2 teaspoon of fine cumin
1 teaspoon of milled cardamom
1 teaspoon of turmeric
2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of hot sauce (if desired)
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
4 big tomatoes, skinned and cut in matchstick Strips
1/2 cup of green coriander, chopped
1/2 cup of fried almonds
1) Rinse well the rice and soak into salted water for 30 minutes.
2) In a large pot, place the ghee, ginger, garlic and onions and toss over a moderate heat till onions turn golden brown.
3) Add shrimps, peppers, cumin, cardamom, turmeric, salt, pepper and hot sauce and cook for some minutes till shrimps are simmered and browned.
4) Add tomato paste, coriander and toss over a high heat for one minute.
5) Add 4 cups of water to the shrimps and bring to a boil.
6) Drain rice, add it to the shrimps and leave it over a high heat till boiling.
7) Cover the pot over low heat for 20-25 minutes till rice simmers and moisture completely evaporates.
8) Serve the shrimp rice in a serving platter, add some shrimps for garnishment
and then sprinkle over fried almond. Serve with this plate salads or chestnuts.